Robert is a Legal Associate/Advocate at the firm. He holds a Bachelor of Laws Degree from Makerere University, Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre,Kampala and a Masters of Law in Oil and Gas from the University of Aberdeen, Scotland. He is also a professional advisor/lecturer at Uganda Christian University and Kampala International University. He is also the Deputy Head of the Oil and Gas Law at the Institute of Petroleum Studies-Kampala which is an affiliate college of Uganda Christian University.
He boosts of his vast knowledge in Oil and Gas Law, Litigation and Commercial Practice.
He started his Professional legal journey as a Legal Officer with the Ministry of Defense from 2009 to 2012 before becoming Senior Legal Officer in 2013.
From 2013 to 2016, he worked with Bbale & Co. Advocates as a Legal Officer, before joining t M/s MAGNA Advocates as an Associate. He joined us in 2019 as a legal associate and expert on oil and gas consultancy
As part of his activities in the department, he is in charge of advisory on;
- Joint operating Agreements, Risk Allocation in Oil and Gas Service Contracts,
- Risk Management in Oil and Gas Contracts,
- Risk Allocation and exclusion of liability for Consequential Loss,
- Property Law implications of Oil and Gas Transportation,
- Mergers and Acquisitions.
Oil and Gas Law: State Control.
- This covered legal issues in oil and gas industry and key actors in oil and gas industry. It covered
- energy security,
- National Oil Companies (NOC),
- Production Sharing Agreements,
- Risk Service Contracts (RSC), and
- International Maritime Boundaries.
International Investment Arbitration in the Energy Sector. Covered introduction to;
- investment law and its relevance for energy sector,
- access to investor state arbitration ,
- practitioner’s roadmap to dispute avoidance and resolution in the energy sector, expropriation of energy assets,
- International investment arbitration versus international commercial arbitration,
- fair and equitable treatment and
- National treatment in the energy sector,
- protection of energy contracts,
- European Union law and international investment law:
- implications for energy markets,
- Enforcing stability of the energy regulation through investment arbitration and environmental expropriation.
Oil and Gas law: Regulation. This was designed to provide an overview of;
- Safety and environmental risks associated with oil and gas industry and regulatory tools deployed by the state to respond to them.
- theoretical approach to regulations,
- the mature province initiatives,
- Decommissioning of offshore oil and gas installations,
- health and safety at work,
- Environmental regulations applicable to offshore upstream operations and Shale Gas.
Professional Memberships and Qualifications
- Advocate, High Court of Uganda
- Member, East African Law Society
- Member, Uganda Law Society
- Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Law Development Centre (Uganda)
- LL.B, Makerere University Kampala, Uganda.
Apply for a Certificate in Basic Management and Personal Competitiveness offered by Public Opinions as part of its commitment to contribute towards attainment of Uganda Vision 2040 and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGS). Individual participation is only 50,000shs.
This Profile is published and Disseminated by
5th Floor,Impala House
Opposite City Hall KCCA