The Non-Governmental Organizations Co-ordination Board is a State Corporation established by the Non-Governmental Organizations Co-ordination Act (Cap 19) of 1990. The Board has the responsibility of regulating and enabling the NGO sector in Kenya. The NGOs Co-ordination Board started its operations in 1992 under the Ministry of State in the Office of the President. The Board is currently under the Ministry of Devolution and Planning.
Specifically, the NGOs Co-ordination Board is responsible for inter alia registering, facilitating and coordinating all national and international NGOs operating in Kenya; advising the government on their contribution to national development; providing policy guidelines for NGOs to align their activities with national priorities and receiving and analysing NGOs annual reports. To facilitate and co-ordinate the work of all national and international NGOs operating in Kenya.
An Efficient, Effective and Sustainable charitable sector
To enable the charitable sector to compliment the government in national development through effective regulation, capacity development and policy advisory.
- Customer Focus
- Integrity (honesty, transparency)
- Probity (maintaining accountability and fairness)
- Collaboration (team spirit, healthy work environment, with external stakeholders)
- To maintain the register of National and International NGOs operating in Kenya, with the precise sectors, affiliations and locations of their activities.
- To receive and discuss the annual reports of NGOs.
- To advise the government on the activities of the NGOs and their role in National Development within Kenya.
- To conduct a regular review of the register to determine the consistency with the reports submitted by the NGOs and the Council.
- To provide policy guidelines to the NGOs for harmonizing their activities to the National Development Plan for Kenya.
- To receive, discuss and approve the regular reports of the Council and to advise on strategies for efficient planning and coordination of the activities of NGOs in Kenya
- To develop and publish a code of conduct for the regulation of NGOs and their activities in Kenya.
- To prescribe rules and procedures for the audit of the accounts of NGOs.
15th floor Co-op Bank House, Haile Selassie Avenue
P.O. Box 44617-0100
Telephone: +254 (20) 2214044 / +254 (20) 2214044
Kisumu regional Office
Adala Otuko road, behind St Joseph Catholic church
Telephone: +254 (20) 2662604
Mombasa Regional Office
NSSF Building 5th Floor
Nkurumah Road, Mombasa
Garissa Regional Office
Regional Co-ordinator’s Office 2nd floor
(Former provincial Commissioners Office)
Eldoret Regional Office
Deputy County Commissioners Office- Eldoret East
The Profile is managed and Disseminated Worldwide by:
Public Opinions International
Plot 30 Suite 5, Level 4 Green Land Tower
Opposite Bank of Uganda Kampala Road
P.o Box 35297 Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 256 701 992 426