GVDA is an excellent organization offering high quality programs to partners and participants with 120 partners worldwide, Offering cultural exchange programs which combines summer camps, group, home stay, cross-cultural learning, ecotourism, community tourism, internship, mid and long term international volunteer positions, work and travel and volunteer programs. Since 1997 our programs have working to build global citizens by enhancing of ideas and bringing people together.
GVDA is involved in various major activities. These are:
- i) Organizing international voluntary services which involves cross- cultural exchange between Kenya and abroad in remote and needy community in parts of Kenya
- ii) Mid and long term voluntary services and projects
- iii) Inter – Cultural exchange through home visits, discussion and social interactions by local and overseas campers.
- iv) Participation in community e.g. environmental cleaning health work, water and sanitation, advocacy in HIV/Aids campaigns, access roads, improving schools and bridges in remote communities.
- v) Group volunteer programme for family,school,college,university and corporate groups and travel and education tours
- vi) Networking in partnership with local grass root non-governmental organizations (NGOs) engaged in education, community building health care, agricultural reforms and economic development and initiative projects to alleviate poverty.
- vii) Helping disadvantaged and the less privileged children in the communities.
- viii) Initiating sports activities among both male and female youth by identifying untapped talents and energies.
- ix) Participate in the activities of the membership by attending annual meetings, workshops and conferences of members and other partners in development.
- x) To promote proactive opportunity for women groups, the disabled, community leaders and those from minority groups to exchange information, experience and knowledge in order to develop leadership excellence and act as role models across the sector.
To build the spirit of voluntarism which provide integral sustainable are human development and encouraging partnership in caring of the environment by inspiring our universal vision
We envision a world in which volunteer service by people all nations is a common strategy in meeting pressing challenges in education, health, the environmemt, agriculture and more. We seek to foster a culture of international service and innovation and a heightened sense of comparison across borders that will bring kenya communities and volunteers of different countries, cultures, races, ethnicities and religious beliefs together in common purposes
GVDA is an international and non political non profitable, education organization, GVDA does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, sexual orientation creed, or ethnic origin.
To build the spirit of voluntarism which provide integral sustainable and human development and encouraging partnership in caring of the environment by inspiring voluntarism and enabling nations and people to improve their quality of life without compromising their future generations.
Promotes and organize voluntary service activities in co-operation with local communities as well as other local. National and international organizations as a means of fostering greater confidence between people of different social cultural, political or religious background by working learning and living together.
Global Voluntary Development Association (GVDA)
P.O. Box 1802-00100
Direct Line: +254 020 2324095
Cellphone: +254 735 767 764
Cellphone: +254 722 787 409
Mr. Aggrey Kere
Cell phone: +254 722 787 409/ +254 722 762 950
The Profile is managed and Disseminated Worldwide by:
Public Opinions International
Plot 30 Suite 5, Level 4 Green Land Tower
Opposite Bank of Uganda Kampala Road
P.o Box 35297 Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 256 701 992 426