Cymbell Advocates was ranked by Public Opinions on the 2020 Uganda Top 70 Law Firms and accredited in the Uganda TOP70 Law Firms Book of Records. The Firm is a Recipient/Winner of the Uganda Responsible Investment Mark of Excellence Award. Voted by the people of Uganda and Recognized by Public Opinions with a Certificate of Excellence in appreciation of its continuous commitment to Legal Excellence, Integrity and honesty, Reliability, trustworthiness, transparency, fairness, ProBono, Professional Development as well as commitment to contribute to the attainment of Uganda Vision 2040 and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).Many private sector companies have not yet committed themselves to work towards attainment of Uganda Vision 2040 and UN SDGs.The Firm was issued with a Certificate of Accreditation by Public Opinions and its profile published in the 2020 Uganda TOP70 Law Firms Book of Records. Public Opinions is the leading field based organization working towards attainment of Uganda Vision 2040 and United Nations Sustainable Development Goals through Public Relations, Public Awareness, Information Dissemination, Corporate Printing and Branding, Training and mentorship, Investment Advisory,etc. Learn more about Public Opinions by visiting our website www.publicopinions.net, Call/Whatsapp:+256701992426/0782479124. Here after is the profile of the Law Firm.
Cymbell Advocates is a commercial law firm with an office in Kampala advising a portfolio of clients both individuals and corporations. It was founded with a goal of becoming one of Uganda’s most outstanding law firms to represent clients locally and globally in today’s global village. The firm comprises of highly qualified and experienced advocates with international associates in Kenya and Tanzania.
Cymbell Advocates provides a full range of legal services to an extensive client base which includes local and multinational companies and their Ugandan subsidiaries and branches in various industries like mineral exploration, transport, and communication, tourism and hospitality, financial institutions, religious organizations, international aid organizations, government departments and private individuals.
Cymbell Advocates understands that each client has different business structures and varied needs. We provide a flexible solution that will compliment your existing internal structures. Our fixed fees allow better financial planning and are fully comprehensive with no hidden extras. We handle our clients' assignments or cases using a partner-led and team-based unique approach, through maintaining personal contact and ensuring efficient and fast delivery of the service. Our priority is to preserve clients' interests and ensure satisfaction at all times.
We aim to ensure an effective dialogue between our advocates and legal clients before and after hearings. Our clients are supplied with comprehensive case attendance notes by our advocates and are also able to discuss the hearing outcome with advocates directly. Our vision is to be the law firm of choice to individuals or businesses because of its efficient service and affordability.
CORPORATE AND COMMERCIAL LAW
The growth and vitality of the Ugandan economy is presenting new and exciting opportunities for business both nationally and internationally. In order to respond to these opportunities and thrive in a globally competitive environment, businesses and management need commercially astute and pragmatic advice from their legal team.
Through an in-depth understanding of our clients' business, and listening to what they want to achieve, we are able to deliver this.
Our Corporate & Commercial team has expertise in all aspects of commercial and corporate law and regulation, based on technical skills and qualifications, substantial experience and knowledge that is constantly being updated. We provide the solutions and services to enable our clients to develop new markets and grow existing ones effectively. Our lawyers have in-depth knowledge of the regulatory, compliance and transaction regimes, and their advice always takes account of our clients' strategic and operational needs.
Our lawyers have extensive experience advising companies on capital raisings and listings. We offer our clients a comprehensive range of services from project managing the capital raising and listing process, to assisting with complex technical aspects, including tax and corporate governance.
Our diverse client base includes large private companies, listed corporations, financial institutions, private equity funds, venture capitalists, stockbrokers and accountants on a wide range of matters including fundraising, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance, capital raisings, private equity transactions, takeovers and joint ventures.
Our Corporate & Commercial team is highly respected in the market and advises on:
- Mergers and acquisitions, and corporate reconstructions
- Compliance and risk management
- Corporate governance
- Joint ventures
- Companies Act
- Due diligence investigations
- Private equity
- Capital raisings
PROPERTY AND DEVELOPMENT
We understand that property law involves much more than simply selling and buying. Our team of property experts assists our clients in all aspects of property legal advice – from simple transactions to large, complex development projects.
Our team of pragmatic and result oriented people combine strong technical legal skills and sound industry experience with a commercial and innovative approach to our clients' needs. We work closely with our clients to understand their business. We draw on the broad experience of other teams in the firm such as our Tax, Construction & Infrastructure, Banking & Finance, Corporate & Commercial and Mergers & Acquisitions teams, to enable us to assemble a team of specialists to address a wide range of property issues and projects, whilst being able to meet tight deadlines and achieve the best possible commercial outcome, in the most cost effective manner.
Our Property & Development team advises on the development of properties, landmark urban renewal projects, residential land, strata, titles, industrial estates, commercial buildings, shopping centres, golf courses, hotels, clubs and rural properties.
Our clients include multi-national corporations with extensive real estate holdings, government development authorities, listed and unlisted property trusts and privately held property developers.
We have a strong track record of providing client focused, strategic and commercially practical advice in the following areas:
- Acquisitions and disposals
- Contract negotiations and preparation
- Commercial, industrial and retail leasing
- Property development
- Property management and maintenance
- Property issues for government
- Property due diligence
- Environmental issues
- Stamp duty, and other property-based taxes
- Property support for corporate and commercial transactions-
- Planning advice
- Property dispute resolution
- Land divisions
- Joint ventures
- Property financing
- Corporate real estate
EMPLOYMENT AND IMMIGRATION LAW
Today's workplace relations environment is a complex and ever-changing one, and can be confusing and time consuming. That is why, more than ever, it is vital for employers to ensure that its human resources policies and procedures comply with the changing legislative requirements, to avoid loss of productivity and profitability, and possible negative publicity.
Our Employment & Safety team helps clients to understand and comply with all employment-related law. We advise on structuring and managing the employment relationship from recruitment to termination and beyond, at the individual and collective level. Our dynamic team is highly respected in the market and our lawyers are recognized leaders in their areas of specialization.
Our approach is to partner with our clients to deliver innovative, practical business solutions to achieve optimal industrial and employment relationships and outcomes, whilst also achieving their strategic objectives.
Our team works with clients of all sizes from a range of sectors, including manufacturing, transport, financial services, insurance, retail, communications and IT, building and construction, health, education and community service.
We provide practical, realistic advice designed to give our clients the commercial edge, with a focus on:
- Compliance with regulations in relation to record keeping and other privacy issues including staff training and auditing existing procedures
- Interpreting and developing employment contracts, workplace agreements and awards
- Advising on the employment law and industrial relations implications of corporate transactions, including transmission of business
- Advising, in a sensitive and discreet manner, on issues that may create adverse publicity
- Quickly getting to the heart of disputes with unions and employees, negotiating on behalf of our clients, and focusing on a speedy resolution that is acceptable to all parties
- Designing and planning the implementation of employment change strategies
- Delivering training programs in all employment law areas
Cymbell Advocates has advised on several complex employment matters including trade union disputes and negotiations and has assisted multinational clients with drafting of employment contracts, work permit matters, drafting employment hand books/human resource manuals, etc.
Matsiko Godwin Muhwezi
Plot 49, Ntinda Rd,
Rovis Apartments, First Floor
P.O Box 22276 Kampala.
Tel: +256 776 739 643
LIST OF THE 2020 UGANDA TOP70 LAW FIRMS ACCREDITED BY PUBLIC OPINIONS AND ASIA AFRICA DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL,NEW DELHI INDIA (ADCO).
- A.Mwebesa Kakooza & Co. Advocates
- ABMARK ASSOCIATES
- Agaba Muhairwe & Co. Advocates
- Amber Advocates and Solicitors
- Angualia Busiku & Co. Advocates
- Apio, Byabazaire, Musanase & Co. Advocates (ABM)
- Arcadia Advocates
- Balondemu & Co. Advocates
- Bashasha & Co. Advocates
- Birungyi, Barata & Associates
- Blair & Co. Advocates
- BNB Advocates
- Buwembo and Company Advocates
- Buwule & Mayiga Advocates
- Byenkya, Kihika & Co. Advocates
- Capital Law Partners and Advocates
- Crane Associated Advocates (CAA)
- Cristal Advocates
- Cymbell Advocates
- Dentons Uganda
- Engoru Mutebi Advocates
- Fides Legal Advocates
- Galisonga & Co Advocates
- GEM Advocates
- Greystone Advocates
- K&K Advocates
- Kaddu & Partners Advocates
- Kafeero & Co. Advocates
- Kaganzi & Co. Advocates
- Kaggwa and Kaggwa Advocates
- Kakuru & Co. Advocates
- Kalikumutima and Co. Advocates
- Kampala Associated Advocates (KAA)
- Kasirye Byaruhanga & Co Advocates
- Kateera & Kagumire Advocates
- Katende, Sempebwa & Co Advocates
- Kibeedi & Co Advocates
- KSMO Advocates
- KTA Advocates
- Lex Uganda Advocates & Solicitors
- Ligomarc Advocates
- Lumonya, Bushara & Co. Advocates
- Magezi, Ibale & Co. Advocates
- MMAKS Advocates
- Mugalula & Omalla Advocates
- Muhumuza-Kiiza Advocates & Legal Consultants
- Mukumbya Musoke Advocates
- Mulindwa Associates & Co. Advocates
- Musangala Advocates & Solicitors
- Musangala Advocates & Solicitors
- Muwema & Co. Advocates
- Nambale, Nerima & Co. Advocates & Legal Consultants
- Nambogo & Co. Advocates
- Newmark Advocates
- Onyango Advocates
- Orima & CO Advocates
- Ortus Africa
- OS Kagere Advocates
- OSH Advocates, Solicitors and Legal Consultants
- Pace Advocates
- Sebalu & Lule Advocates
- Shonubi, Musoke & Co. Advocates
- Signum Advocates
- SIPIL LAW Associates
- The Uganda Association of Women Lawyers (FIDA-Uganda)
- Tibugwisa and Co. Advocates
- Tropical Law Advocates
- Twinobusingye Severino & Co. Advocates
- Walusimbi Advocates
- WEB Advocates & Solicitors
Ranked and accredited by:
5th Floor, Room 7
Opposite City Hall KCCA